Flourish Women’s Ministries
Director: Leslie Fitzhugh
The Women’s Ministries of Oak Park firmly believes that every woman has God-given talents and abilities and that with God’s help we can touch lives for Christ.
For Questions about women’s ministry events, please contact Leslie at email@example.com.
Morning Bible Study
Thursday’s, 9:30 am, Cedar Room.
Summer Bible Study begins Thursday, July 20, 9:30 am. Among topics will be Joyce Meyers “Battlefield of the Mind” and the Sequel, “The Mind Connection”. No need to purchase books or sign up.
Evening Bible Study
Thursday’s, 7:00 pm, Byers Home, Bible required. To attend this Bible Study contact Leslie Fitzhugh
Women who like to quilt, crochet, knit, sew, etc., are invited to join the quilters at the church on Wednesdays from 9:00 am – noon, in room B-15.
Hispanic Women’s Ministries
Thursday Bible Study (Estudio Biblico todos los Jueves) –
Todas son bienvenidas! A las 6:30 pm en el CMC.
Fitness Fellowship (Women Only Group)
Monday’s, 6:30 – 7:30 pm in the Children’s Ministry Center. Suggestions: light weights, mat and water. Contact Pastor Allyse Tanovitz for more information.
There are many other opportunities for involvement in Women’s Ministries at Oak Park. They include:
- Retreats – Get-away weekends are especially designed to encourage and bring unity among the women.
- Missions – Throughout the year Women’s Ministries sponsors various events to help raise funds for needed items for our foreign and stateside missionaries.
- Community Outreach – Events and services are planned to reach our community for Christ. Some of these include our annual Spring Tea, the Oak Park Quilters group, a scrap booking group, a book club, Thanksgiving baskets for those in need and quarterly refreshing women’s events.
- Annual Christmas Party – The first Friday evening in December. This is a wonderful seasonal celebration to enjoy as the Christmas season begins.
- Serving – Meal Services for the ill and bereaved; helping with memorial service receptions; decorating the Worship Center for the Holidays; providing childcare for our services; showering new mothers with gifts, and blessing people in our congregation with cards of encouragement.